Touch of Mankind

Passage 6 : Little things that matter much


"So I'm a part of NSS in my college and this was my first attempt at some sort of community service. Just last week we sold Rakhis made by specially abled children. Initially I considered it as fun way to get attendance for lectures. But trust me, it was a lot more than that. Even though the event was a success, there were many people who just swept pass us or curtly told us that they are not interested. Many of the buyers that we attracted had their own apprehensions regarding the quality of products like chocolates. It obviously took a lot more effort than I thought to sell these beautifully handcrafted items. But the mere reminder that this was to provide for all those who are not as privileged as we are, cannot afford to go to good schools, have access to better healthcare and living conditions, was enough to make us buckle up and try harder and harder with each passing minute so that our little effort could make them have a dignified life for themselves.  In school too, we had a joy of giving week each year wherein we used to donate books, toys, grains, etc.⁠⁠⁠⁠ But the experience was never this up close and personal. It somehow made me grow as a person and discover my responsibilities towards the society at large."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The Mentalist

Nasty Battles #9 - Last benchers Vs first benchers