Touch Of Mankind.


Passage 9:Struggle to Survive




"I was married off when I was 19 years old and shifted to the village. Soon I realized that my husband was an alcoholic and behaved atrociously with me . I had three children in the next few years. Not one moment did he allow us to live peacefully. He came home drunk, hit me, starved me and mistreated me. I cannot forget that one night when he threw the children and me out of the house. It was then that I decided not to tolerate his torture anymore and stand on my own feet for the sake of my children. I moved to Mumbai and worked as a domestic helper in 6 houses. My husband found us in Mumbai too and troubled us with his demands for money but I managed to turn him away. I struggled a lot but did not give up on my duties. I looked after the well being of my in laws and sent them money whenever they required. I have struggled so hard only to make my children successful in life. Now my son is a lab technician and my daughter aspires to be a nutritionist. My brother's orphaned children also live with me and I take good care of them. I now work at only one house and am happy there. I was a single mom who independently came to a large city and overcame all my obstacles."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The Mentalist

Nasty Battles #9 - Last benchers Vs first benchers