Love

Love is a relative phenomenon, it happens once for some, twice for some and endlessly for some others.

I don't know of falling in love is good or bad. But a few days back I met a beautiful girl. I don't know if this happens with everyone, but my heart was forcing me to fall in love with her. It wasn't just superficial. The conversations we had, the moments we shared. They are beyond words for me. No one has made me feel more special. No one has missed me more when I left for a new city. I so wish I could be right by her side. Is that what love is ? I don't know.

I am the most selfish guy on earth and I whole heartedly accept that but I don't know what has happened to me. I was willing to wait for her. Wait till the time she made up my mind. Is that what love is ? I don't know.



I have an image of being the most logical guy in my group but somehow, flying down 500 KMs in an instant for her seemed the most logical option to me. Somehow I didn't mind being illogical that day. Is that love ? I don't know.

I repeat, I don't know whether falling in love is good or bad. Whether long distance relationships are worth it or not. I don't know. But for this one girl, I am willing to try. I am willing to take the plunge. If this requires waiting on my part, so be it. If it requires changing myself a little, so be it. I don't know if I am the same guy who met her for the first time. Is that love ? I don't know.

But if this is love, then I am proud to tell you that the most happiest days in my life have been the ones I spent with her. And I ask her for one and only one thing, let me have those happy days. I promise I will make them special for you. I promise it will be the best time of your life. I promise that I will be by your side when you need me. I promise I will be that guy you ever wanted.
Because you are the girl I ever wanted. 
  
- Rtr Aakash Rathi

P. S. The writer is single.

When in Bombay!:'Boss'
Your lessons in Mumbai's Terminology

It seems Bombay is one of the few places in the world where even a slum-dweller gets the coveted title 'boss'. Yes, it's intriguing but true.

The word 'boss' in Mumbai has a completely different and a non- dictionary meaning. Any person of any community in the city is addressed as 'boss'. Be it a rickshaw wala, bus conductor, a street sweeper or even a millionaire! The word is somewhat a modern evolution of 'bhai sahab' and has become a trademark of Mumbai. For Mumbaikars, a boss is either any Tom, Dick and Harry by the street OR is a master of a certain trade!

Well, it feels surprisingly good to be a 'Boss' in city like Mumbai! (The word, however, isn't always used for appreciation). 

Toh Boss, I hope you liked our piece!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The Mentalist

Nasty Battles #9 - Last benchers Vs first benchers