Experience

An experience that completely changed my life makes me go back in time.


I was 25 or maybe 26 then. In Bhopal, there is a lake which is famous for attracting love birds, the ones that don't have wings. I out of habit used to tell my mom wherever I was and where I was supposed to go. It so happened that on my friend's birthday, he took me to the lake. I had informed my mother about the plan.

When I went there, I saw my aunt in the vicinity. But it doesn't end there. She saw me, with those doubting eyes of hers. Then she moved her gaze to my friend, scanned him as if he was some alien.

With all dignity, I decided to approach her. Slowly I moved towards her and her eyes became bigger and bigger. I don't know whether this was because of the decrease in distance or the increase in the level of shock. Finally I stood right in front of her. I asked her about her health and various other silly, non-sensical questions, which we ask people out of courtesy.

 

Then I went back to my friend. I moved away, but her eyes didn't. Anyway, surprise was in store for me at home. Turns out that my aunt had rushed home and called my mum up. She said
" Arre aaj mili thi teri ladki merko "
" kaha? "
" voh lake hai na ? Jaha sab ye couple baithe rehte hai na ? Vaha. Aur tujhe pata hai ? Koi ladke ke sath thi. Mai toh keh rahi hun, dhyan rakh le ladki ka "
" Arre mujhe pata hai voh vaha thi, uske friend ka birthday tha. Voh bol ke gayi hai. "

And this way my mum landed a knockout punch on my nosy aunt's ego. Why do i remember this experience ? Because I want to tell this generation that honesty with your parents is very crucial. Enjoy but always inform your parents. They worry for you, they really do.

This post was written by Rtr Aakash Rathi based on the narration of a Times of India correspondent who goes by the pseudonym Sanjana.





When in Bombay!:'Bandra Boys'
Your lessons in Mumbai's Terminology

Ever heard of the people whose every alternate sentence end with 'Men' (and certainly NOT 'man'. Don't ask why.) or those who make a $100 frown when you address them as a 'burbie'? If you did, Voila! you've met a Bandra Boy (or you are one!)

A Bandra Boy is a guy necessarily from Bandra, is snobbish, and as per his theory there's a fat line between the Suburbs and the City of Mumbai and that fat line is called 'Bandra' o.o

To know more about this breed, head to, well, Bandra (WEST of course!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The Mentalist

Nasty Battles #9 - Last benchers Vs first benchers