PRESIDENT’S NOTE


I happen to have experienced quite a few heart-touching incidents at the traffic signals. But there is one incident that will be etched in my memory for a long, long time. 

I met a few kids near Prithvi Cafe, Juhu. At first when I saw them I considered them as random kids asking for money. But little did I know about what was coming my way in the next 45 minutes. These kids approached me at first and told me that they didn't want money because they would have to handover the same money to his father who would then use it for consuming alcohol and that they think is not be fair as that money would have been given by me for a noble cause. They said they are fine with sharing a plate of dal chawal with each other as they were hungry since morning. 

They were hardly 10-year-old kids but the eyes with which they looked at the world really surprised me. I went ahead to buy dal chawal for these kids and while I insisted on buying 2 for them as the owner of the shop told me they will require 2, one of them whispered in my hears, "Bhaiya, ye toh aapko 2 lene he bolegi. Isko toh apna dhandha karna hai na." They parcelled it later on as it was more than what they demanded so they can have it with their family. They also invited me to have this lunch with them and thanked me very dearly. But I did not want to have a part of their food so I declined. They also told me that they wanted me to just visit them everyday as they were very rejoiced while I gave them a ride on my Activa. 


I left with a wide smile on my face thinking about the kind of awareness these people had about the world a young age. The value these people had for the small things they received was really immense. This incident really made me believe that there is beauty in every part of the world but only if we can keep away from our virtual dream world and look carefully around what is happening. 

Thank you Payal, Sohail, Samir and Guru for sharing some beautiful moments with me. 

P. S. - There are much more interesting stories that are waiting to be read by you. Happy Reading! 

- Rtr Naren Thakkar,
President 2015-16,
Rotaract Club of NM College


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The Mentalist

Nasty Battles #9 - Last benchers Vs first benchers