SMILE


There was nothing unique about her smile or her personality…

I still remember the first time I met her : her face was gleaming in the sunlight, tired and exhausted, she reached my car and tried persuading me into buying the roses. I refused and said thank you. She looked at the bottle of water I had lying in my car and asked for a sip. I gave her the bottle and smiled back. After that every time my car would stop at that red light she would come with her bunch of red roses. She didn't want to sell anything to me but would be happy to just find a friendly face to talk to and I made sure I would have a spare bottle of water to give her every time. 

One day I decided to buy the whole bunch and she gave me a huge smile. That was not the most beautiful smile anyone would've seen but still it had the power to brighten up my day.

I still meet her occasionally and sometimes we exchange only smiles but I guess that's enough...

- Rtr Twisha Sanghavi
District Editor 15-16
R.I.D. 3140


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The Mentalist

Nasty Battles #9 - Last benchers Vs first benchers