Most Difficult Decision

 

Undeniably, taking decisions is an integral part of everybody’s routine life. Right from minor to major, there are plenty of decisions that we have to take during our lifetime. Here, I would like to highlight a decision that didn’t come easy to me, but I still had to take it. And, it was regarding the study stream to choose after finishing my 10th standard. Due to family expectations and peer pressure, we neglect our likes and dislikes, and comfortably choose the wrong path.

        I  exactly remember that time and how confused I was as my parents had given me complete freedom to choose whatever stream I wanted.


   While they were still promoting the benefits of taking a non-medical stream, my inclination was more towards commerce. This, in turn, added more to my confusion. My parents had their own justifications as they were aware of the types of prospects and opportunities I could get by taking the non-medical stream. However, rather than opposing their suggestion outrightly, I decided to do my own research before I could zero down upon one stream.

       I   read a lot of blogs and articles that guided me on how to choose a stream, what factors to consider and their consequences. After reading a few articles, I realized I was still in no position to get to a conclusion, it just added to my confusion. To get more clarity, I approached one of my school teachers who taught me for more than 10 years; thus, she was aware of my capabilities, weaknesses and strengths. After a brief conversation, she recommended commerce as I could do much better in it.

          Also, the fact that a few of my friends are already settled abroad after taking the commerce stream pumped me further. So, even if I decided to move abroad , I could easily do it. I told my parents  recommendation to my teacher. So, to help me out, she convinced my parents. After this, they let me join commerce. At last, even they realized that performing well in academics without much interest is not a possibility. Finally, I decided to go with commerce. However, it took a lot of time and effort for me to decide upon it, but i made a better decision.

Rtr, Aarvi Chhadwa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The Mentalist

Nasty Battles #9 - Last benchers Vs first benchers