The Way Back

 

Have you ever tried traveling in the local train at the peak hours? If you have you will vividly remember the sites, the crowd but if you haven't let me paint you a picture. Imagine a woman sitting beside you talking on the phone, her mother is eagerly waiting for her with a plate of hot food as she gets back from work. Or the lady standing next to the doors, she has to change 3 trains before she can reach home or the lady who just got on, she's going home after working for 10 hours straight trying to prove her worth in a competitive industry. Each of these people seated in this train beside me have a story to tell, just like I do. Mine is simple, going home from college. A day filled with laughter and joy as I talk to my friends and do little studying in class. Not all people surrounding me have a happy story to tell, I don't either on some days. But still we all persist. We all go home and get up the next day to face a new day and live through what life offers. And sometimes when I'm tired, I think about how we are all so different and yet we are brought together by this simple journey back home

- Rtr. Zainab Degani

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The Mentalist

Nasty Battles #9 - Last benchers Vs first benchers