CATCH ME IF YOU CAN


Inspector Edmund Reid
Whitechapel H division,
Metropolitan police,
London.
November 9th 1888.

My Dear friend Edmund,
I’m pleased to inform you that I have come to a decision. We shallplay a little game. I fully intend to make this a mutually beneficial arrangement. If you win, which you sir, shall surely not, I will confess to you all my crimes. However if I win, which I surely shall, I want immunity. 

This day, the 9th of November 1888, I shall be committing my 5th and last murder. I intend to murder yet another woman, a certain Mary Jane Kelly.  She too like my other victims commits sacrilege on a daily basis, pollutes the very institution of marriage. I shall educate her. I shall wash her sins away in her own warm blood.

To make this little game of ours more interesting for me, I shall not change my modus operandi. 

I searched for this consummate fool of a woman in many of the shady back alleys of London. And being an arrant flirt as I am, I charmed her. She has already fallen in to my sinister web. Tonight as the Big Ben strikes 12, I shall lead her into one of London’s many deserted alleys. And then unleash my reign ofterror upon her. The rage within me will lash out. I will watch her squirm and beg for mercy. But her sin is grave. It deserves no mercy. The feeling of her hot blood all over my hands will feel like ecstasy. I will lacerate her abdomen repeatedly with a blunt knife and rip out her entrails. She shall pay for her sins. I will continue this till she croaks. It’s never fun after they are dead. 
But unlike my first four victims Mary Ann Nichols, Annie Chapman, Elizabeth Stride, Catherine Eddowes, I intend to make this one my final masterpiece. My Mona Lisa.
It shall instill terror in the hearts of all the jolly good men of this great nation of ours. The entire Queendom shall quake in its boots. My name shall go down in history as England’s single most elusive serial killer.
Make no mistake sir, for I shall succeed. I have always been two steps ahead of you. But to level the playing field, I shall give you a little hint. Think of it as a friendly gesture, an act of chivalry. “The mysterious case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde”. If this does not help then may Lord have mercy on your poor soul…

This is a fair wager. Let the games begin.

\Yours sincerely,



I GUESS YOU LOST AGAIN.


- Rtr. Nikita Varde
Rotaract Club of NM College
  





The clue to the next article is :

TWO WORDS.
1ST: AN S.I. UNIT OF TIME AND ALSO A NUMBER.
2ND: A POSSIBILITY AND AN OPPORTUNITY.
ERRORISTS ALWAYS WANT THIS.
CAN YOU GUESS THESE TWO WORDS?


Let's see how smart-witted you are to  answer this riddle and thus, guess the theme of the next article... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The Mentalist

Nasty Battles #9 - Last benchers Vs first benchers