31st December, 2014


It was New Years’ eve and I had never been more terrified in my life to embark upon a new year.  My parents were out of the house having the time of their life at a party and I was left with Mrs. Smith for the night. My extremely efficient nanny had dozed away to the land of her dreams leaving me in my worst nightmare. I was enjoying my chick flick on the TV when all of a sudden I heard a child’s laughter that came from a mysterious source. I ignored it thinking that I was just sleep deprived and hallucinating. That laughter just got louder and clearer and I realized that it was from the basement. Usually a Child’s laughter is one of the most pleasing sounds… Unless it’s 1 am and there is no child in the house. I made my way down to the basement, scared for my life.

As I reached down I scanned the room for a baby... But to my horror I saw a small girl in the far corner singing to herself. She was dressed in blood stained rags and her hair resembled stray twigs. Chills of fear ran down my spine electrifying my entire soul. There was breeze that flew suddenly and it was menacingly cold... The temperature of the room dropped and the silence made it spookier. I was curious to see who it was... So I made my way towards the girl.  When I was about a few inches away her head spun all the way- 360 degrees. Her face was painfully scarred and she had only one eye. I bolted for the door!  She flew over me and reached the door before me.  She spoke in a voice that was too shrill for a human and insisted upon the fact that I play with her.  On my refusal her smile faded.


Anger started to rush onto her face. I turned around and tried to run in the opposite direction but couldn’t. Something was holding me back and my legs turned into jelly. I felt her hand on my shoulder and it seemed to drain the life out of me. I tried to throw things at her but everything just flew right through her! I shouted and screamed for help... For someone to come and rescue me but nobody seemed to hear me except that beast. I closed my eyes and embraced myself for death. 

I opened my eyes with my mom over me. She told me that I laid unconscious in the basement for over an hour. I told them about my horrific experience and I saw the color drain from their faces. The landlord had warned them about this. The daughter of the previous owner had committed suicide in that very basement and her soul still lingered about in the basement. 

This experience will cost me my sleep for the rest of my life. 


- Rima Jain
Rotaract Club of NM College





Up for more Horror Stories? Brave enough to read another one? 😈 
Best of Luck!
"3:13"





And if you are now ready for the ultimate horror challenge...

Let the game begin...
(For 18+ ONLY)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The Mentalist

Nasty Battles #9 - Last benchers Vs first benchers