Those unfinished tasks...


That cold feeling had started to engulf my body. Like something was choking me, stealing me of my sight. And dark being my greatest fear had made my mind race to those horrific visions again; visions of blood, numb bodies, wretched souls... Rain began to fall, as though trying to lure me into entering through those gates. Strangely, it worked...



My eyes scanned the area around me, as though looking for a sign of the supernatural world. The white tombstones provided little contrast against the dark sky. They glistened in the dim moonlight. The clouds obliterated the sun from time to time, imparting an impenetrable darkness to the graveyard. It had a strange sense of calmness that had a tinge of horror associated with it. Below every tombstone was a separate life with a separate story. The owl cooed away into the daunting dark night. The instantaneous creaking of the massive, rusted iron gates shattered the deafening silence. I forced my mind to not think about it and moved towards what I came here for.

The tree was white as snow. It looked magnificent from afar, as it spread its innumerable branches into the night sky. It swayed gently along with the rhythm of the wind. I sat down, at the foot of the tree and switched on the voice recorder. After an hour or two of discovering nothing, I left to go back. As i stepped out of the graveyard, the wind blew past my face, as though congratulating me.

The AC in the car wasn’t enough to stop me from sweating after I finally heard her, after her words seeped in, after my gravity of the situation hit me...

"Welcome to my home, my humble abode
Where existence is non-existent
Unfinished tasks meets unplanned ends
And it is time for yours now..."

I turned behind and she sat there... licking blood off her hands. She began to crawl towards me. I could visualise my end. She laughed, as though waiting for this moment since years. As though her wait was finally over. The last thing I saw was her hand grabbing my neck...



I opened my eyes, standing in front of the graveyard, facing the humungous, rusted gates. I felt like something was trying to lure me into entering through those gates. Strangely, it worked...



- Utsavaa Giridharan
Rotaract Club of NM College




Up for more Horror Stories? Brave enough to read another one? ðŸ˜ˆ 
Best of Luck!
"-R-E-V-E-N-G-E-"






And if you are now ready for the ultimate horror challenge...

Let the game begin...
(For 18+ ONLY)

Comments

  1. utsavaa writing horror diaries??? choice of words made it sound like you were really there.......great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The Mentalist

Nasty Battles #9 - Last benchers Vs first benchers