Taken

"Hello, hello, please someone help me! Please! My friends they're lost!" Sam cried out loud, but to find out there was no one there to hear him. Yet, he didn't care where he was or how he reached there, he was just relieved to be out in the air.
              
He walked a few steps to see a police station at the corner of the road and rushed towards it, panting, trying to breath. "Hello, officer, help! Please help me! My friends.. They're trapped, lost. I can't find them anywhere. They've taken my friends, they've taken my friends. " Sam's words had no effect on the officer's face. The officer calmly replied,"Have a seat, Sir. Tell me what's wrong. Tell me everything from the start." Sam gathered some courage and began.
                
"There were 5 of us, me, Anne, Royston, Rocky and Jenny. We were just having fun, Sir. We didn't intend any harm. And now they're gone. All my friends; they've taken them."
                
"We'd planned to spend the night at the nearby asylum, the one that's shut down, Wintelgore Asylum. We'd heard a few ghost stories about that place and wanted to look into it. We didn't believe in such stuff, until now. We'd heard a girl had slit her throat and now roams around the corridors. Then there was a story about a young boy who likes to cut into people's brains. Another story told about a pregnant lady screaming 'Give me back my baby'. All we wanted to do was record these hauntings for our documentary."
              
"We went in at 6 AM, with all the necessary equipments and supplies for a week. Royston had video recorders set up everywhere in the asylum. We carried a map of the asylum with us and everyone had a copy. For hours we roamed around the old 'so-called haunted' building but found nothing creepy or scary and so we decided to leave. We were on the 5th floor when Jenny said we should leave now. The map lead us to the exit door on the ground floor only to find out there wasn't any exit. Just a plain wall. It was as if the map had tricked us!”
             
"Anne and Royston being the scary cats snatched the map from me and led us to another exit. We reached there to see an empty wall. No, the map wasn't tricking us, the building was. Nearby we found a room of a patient. Rocky suggested to rest there for a while and finish our lunch, during which we heard a lady run across the door screaming 'Give me back my baby'. We ran behind her to get few shots of her for our documentary. She stopped after a few steps and turned around, screamed and pushed Jenny inside a nearby room and shut the door. We kept banging the door  but it didn’t open. I kicked the door open and rushed in to find Jenny but there was no one. Jenny was gone. Creeped out, we ran out of there even more eager to search for the exit."
               
"We were walking on the corridors of the 4th floor when me and Rocky saw a little boy with a cutting tool running towards us, shouting 'I will have you'. We literally sprinted to the 5th floor for the emergency roof exit, all but Rocky. Rocky got left behind. We went back to get him, but didn't find anyone. Five of us had come in, and now only three of us were left."
                
“Anne, Royston and I went to find the emergency exit. We saw a series of steps and gave a sigh of relief. We climbed up the stairs. It was as if the girl who slit her throat was waiting for us to come to her. We ran down the other way towards the empty elevator shaft. I knew of an underground tunnel that led us out of the asylum. That was our only option then. Royston was acting completely insane. Anne and I were thinking of ways to get into the tunnels and that crazy guy was smelling his hair. Anne saw him looking blankly down the empty elevator shaft, and then he just jumped! HE JUST JUMPED! We had started to panic. Our friend had just killed himself!”
               
"Both of us we equally creeped and scared, in fact 'scared' cannot at all define what we felt then! We somehow got into the tunnels. I don’t even know what made us go there. And how we reached there. I just knew there would be some exit at the end of these tunnels. Anne and I had a nap there for a while. I woke up and Anne was nowhere to be seen. In front of me was a team of crazy dead doctors, chanting 'She's ours! They're ours!'"
                
"Officer, look, I don't know how I've come here but please help me get my friends back. That asylum is crazy, it's haunted!"
                
Sam was in tears, pleading the officer for help. He looked up, and the officer wasn’t there! There was no police station. He was in some white walled room. He ran out of there to see the corridors of the asylum. Yes, he was back in the asylum! At the end of the hall were all his friends, standing before him, dressed like mental patients. That exact moment, the life in his eyes was gone. He too, was taken.

- Rtr Maithilee Bag
Director - Digital Communications
Rotaract Club of UPG College

Follow 'The Fortnight Of Terror' updates here. Stay calm because the night is getting darker ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The Mentalist

Nasty Battles #9 - Last benchers Vs first benchers