Freedom

When I came to this city, my first impression was very vague. To describe my emotions, I would like to pen down a poem.




I hated the running around, the cacophonous sound,
the never ending nights,
the extremely bright lights,
the non-stop rains,
and the rush in the local trains.

I felt like going back home,
into the known world, my own Rome.
I thought it was a struggle with destiny,
but my mind wanted mutiny.
Somehow a month passed by,
the city embraced me but I still wanted to bid goodbye.

I spoke to my dad,
he said you can come home my dear lad,
but fight it out in the city for a year,
it may just bring you some cheer.
So I dug my heels in,
prepared to face every sin.

Slowly and gradually the city won me over,
Going back home seemed like a push over.
I never realized that a shift had taken place,
my bachelor pad had turned into a home I now embraced.

As I traveled the lengths and breadths of the town,
the city gave me freedom, a jewel for my crown. 

                                                                                                                - Rtr Aakash Rathi



Our bulletin 'English Took A Loan' is up on Facebook! Happy Reading!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The Mentalist

Nasty Battles #9 - Last benchers Vs first benchers