Of Grapes and Limes! :O

Justifications!
We manage to justify all the mistakes we commit. We can stop feeling guilty about simply anything by justifying it. We drive past a traffic signal when it is still red and we apparently have a convincing reason for it. We choose something over the other, and we have a persuasive reason for that too.

This kind of defense mechanism is known as rationalization. Rationalization is of two types- 'Sour Grape Rationalization' and 'Sweet Lime Rationalization'.

I refuse to go dining at a pizzeria. And the reason I give? I hate pizzas (Which certainly is a lie). They're not good for health at all; I would rather have my mum's home-cooked food, I say. This may seem convincing enough but the real reason behind my refusal is that I'm broke. But do I let the cat out of the box? Of course not. This behaviour, where one devalues what they don't possess, is called 'Sour Grape Rationalization'. While we are on the topic let me add that I overheard a group of students from the neighbouring college say something like 'NM is so boring with its strict attendance and all.' I guess it was just another case of 'sour grape rationalization'

I have an iPhone 5. I go on bragging about it. Telling people how its the best phone in the market. As for me, I have never ever used any other cell phone; neither have I got any idea about the features and specifications of other phones. But does that stop me? Not really. This behaviour, where we enhance the value of things we possess, is called 'Sweet Lime Rationalization'
('Shining Maarna' in psychological terms means Sweet Lime Rationalization.)
Rationalization is a defense mechanism which takes place when we're in a subconscious state of mind. Rationalization needn't always be a bad thing. Its good to be affected by rationalization at times as it helps us avoid unnecessary frustrations, maintain our feeling of adequacy and soften the brunt of our failures. Moreover, it also helps preserve our self-respect .

However, rationalization when exceeds a certain limit is very harmful as it may lead to mental illnesses.
So guys. Beware and brag in limits ;)

- Rtr. Siddharth Tendulkar

Comments

  1. :O
    J'aime! :)
    siddharth, keep it up! (y)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnifique monsieur siddharth!
    Vous etes un tres bon ecrivon!:)
    Bonne continuation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnifique monsieur siddharth!
    Vous etes un tres bon ecrivon!:)
    Bonne continuation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merci Beaucoup :}
    Je suis honoré !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The Mentalist

Nasty Battles #9 - Last benchers Vs first benchers