The Man Who Ruled

So, its starts a week ago. All and sundry is worried about that one ailing person. And then came the end. Of Balasaheb Thackeray.

So my inspiration for blogging today, I have been all free, thanks to the bandh due to his death and I have had ample of time to go through everything written about him from the wall posts on FB to newspaper pieces to different messages and I felt, why not blog too?!
The Tiger
Yesterday, I was in my class solving a problem being taught by a very patient teacher when suddenly around 5.30 pm, a boy stands up with his bag on his shoulder and says,”Sir,I need to leave. Sorry.” Followed by a few. I was a little confused as I did not know why they just stood up and left without explaining themselves, disrespecting the professor. That is when I read a text flashing on my cell phone saying, "Balasabeb has passed away."

The teacher tried to calm us down but we were reluctant. We all left in 5 min. As I walked down, I saw that none of the shops were open. Not even the medical store nearby. I was scared as to how I would reach home. Of course, rickshaws unavailable, as usual. I tried Mumbai’s Lifelines, the local trains. They were jam packed. The roads were blocked. Masses striding towards their home. Each one talking on their phones about their safety, transport arrangements and of course, the death of Shiv Sena chief.

The sainiks are all geared up to show their strength. They strike the whole shop down just because it was open for a while, infront of my eyes. They roamed on their bikes with the Shiv Sena flags.

I am sure each one would have seen this. The next day, the headlines read, “Mumbai (the city that never sleeps) is shut within just 30 minutes."

There comes the silent most Sunday .Not a person on the roads. No vehicles. And yes what the bomb blasts of 26/11/2008 could not do, the death of this personality has done it. This date is noted, 18/11/2012.

Is it fear or honor? (Let’s keep our versions to ourselves)

This was the power a man who was never in the government but he did rule one of the largest states, Maharashtra and at least Mumbai. He ruled like a king for 30 years. Hindi mein bolte hai, "Uska vat tha.” Movies like Sarkar portray his character well enough for youth like us who were not present when he was in his prime. Some of us may like him but none will deny he was a great personality, a Hitler fan, an orator, an artist and a man of courage (Orange is sure his color). He was revered or feared .He is pictured to ride the wildest animal, the tiger.

He lived like a tiger and died like a legend. What a cremation ceremony! A turnout of 20 lakh in Shivaji Park, in open! I am shocked .Sure, this man must have done something which most couldn't. May be he deserved it. 

And yes, I think we are no one to comment upon him or his work. He had his own ways. Some of it has helped people and that’s why he could pull the crowd. This one sure was different. And we are still counting days to see another one like him.

As I am still writing, I am wondering whether I have to go to office or not tomorrow!

- Rtr. Nirali Joshi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The Mentalist

Nasty Battles #9 - Last benchers Vs first benchers