Digital Diary - Edition 5

 After The Storm


To endings, beginnings and falling in love

You are certainly somebody people can love – Fred Rogers

We are always taught to be kind, empathetic and understanding towards others. But why doesn’t anyone ever teach us to love our own selves? Why does no one ever tell us that you are enough? We’ve let other people define our lives for far too long. It’s time that we stop being okay with the way things have always been and start taking a stand for our own selves.

Acceptance has been a long process for me. It took me years to wholly accept my body. To fully accept myself the way I am. But over the course of this journey, I have learned so much that has helped me evolve as the person that I have come to become. When I look in the mirror today, I see a young lady who has fought her own battles and has emerged victorious. I see someone who is confident, compassionate and ambitious. But above all, she is the epitome of happiness.

It hasn’t been easy. I have had my fair share of downfalls. But every time somebody tried to pull me down, I stood back up stronger than before. I have learnt to trust the process, believe in myself and love with all my heart. There have been days where it got so bad I didn’t feel like getting up. But my teacher had once told me, this too shall pass. Hang in there. And this has stuck with me throughout and has helped me in more ways than I could have ever imagined. I had read in a book that everything happens for a reason. I never really understood what it meant. But now I do. This entire process has taught me so much, I learnt that this life is far too precious to just let it pass by in front of my eyes. I have realized my worth in life. I have gained relationships with some of the most amazing individuals who accepted me wholeheartedly. And I couldn’t be more grateful.

Over the years I have come to terms with accepting myself the way I am and along the way have fallen in love with myself. We expect love from the people around us but we forget that it starts with us loving our own selves. Once you have fallen in love with yourself, the whole world just falls into place. The world will wrap you around in a blanket of kindness and empathy and will help transform you into a beautiful person. It won’t always be easy people will try to pull you down, and the insecurities will creep back in time and time again, but just remember that you are perfect, you are enough, and don’t let anyone make you think otherwise.

 

 - Rtr. Jhanavi Diora
   Secretary 2022-23



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The Mentalist

Nasty Battles #9 - Last benchers Vs first benchers