Digital Diary - DE's Edition

 


The calm after the turbulence 

I didn’t realize when I started referring to myself as her and at some point, I became separate from her. Disassociation is what it is called, meaning to detach or disconnect from something. Now a coping mechanism, it also helps me remember how far I have come. It’s a very normal thing people go through when sometimes they switch into autopilot mode. I think we all look back to the time when we were emotionally unstable, usually during late school years before we started to understand ourselves and what we were looking for. And in my opinion, it is absolutely necessary to go through this period of chaos to find the difference between black and white while we figure out our lives. 

As we grow up, we unintentionally start saying or expressing our feelings to people, but the problem arises when many a time they come out in the wrong way. Misdirected anger, non-stop crying, toxic sarcasm, and hate-instigating conversations are the result of suppressed emotions. The thing is that no one wants to be the negative person around people, neither did I. I also wished to have the personality of a bright sun but at this stage, all your brain can do is radiate negativity that has been cooped up inside for such a long time. 

But over time I grew out of my own little bubble and started noticing that there are bigger, graver issues than what I used to stress about before. I understood how important it is to not take little obstacles on the road so seriously. When faced with such issues, I now make a habit to chant the phrase, “This time will also pass” till I am filled with enough courage to face the problem head-to-head. I still remember listening to this the first time from a substitute teacher, it was absolutely dramatic just like a movie. The moment I heard it, my mind decided to store that piece of advice so deep inside that it could never be removed. And truly, just as I imagined it, it has helped me for so many years in my personal growth.

Rtr. Krinal Vira,

Departmental Executive.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The Mentalist

Nasty Battles #9 - Last benchers Vs first benchers