World Rotaract Week

World Rotaract Week 


Being in Rotaract is not a bed of roses, we have our ups and downs just like any other adventure in life, but it most definitely has been a very fulfilling ride. There is no greater joy than to be able to give back to the society whether it’s by giving your time or donations. To be able to give joy to the people most in need of smiles has given me happiness unlike any other. Like I said it’s not easy to be in Rotaract especially when it comes to planning and preparing for events, and if you come from a small club like mine, you’ll know what I’m talking about. However, once it’s all done, the experience has always been so eye-opening and humbling. There’s no doubt about that. Have you ever heard of the term, “The more you give, the more get”? To be in Rotaract is to be a part of a family, where though you speak languages or have different train of thoughts, you’ll never once feel left out being in this immensely big family. From getting to know my club members better, to meeting my siblings from other Rotaract clubs from all around the world, it has definitely made the way I look at the way differently and more maturely. To be able to share experience, knowledge and culture with everybody I’ve ever met in Rotaract is simply amazing! No classroom lesson could have broadened my horizons like the experiences I’ve gained through Rotaract activities. And that’s what you get in return for your good deeds. And that’s what “Fellowship Through Service” is all about! Viva La Rotaract!

Rtr.Patricia Anne Roges
Rotaract Club of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia



I joined Rotaract rather late at the age of 24 in the year 2013 as Secretary after that it has been great journey of self development and learning every day through fellowship and projects. 

Before joining Rotaract life was normal and fast there was nothing exciting about any day that I could remember. You wake up go to work come back home that's it. You will never realise the importance of giving time to yourself from the daily routine and that feeling of happiness and immense satisfaction at the end of day.

It was in 2013 I began actively participating in all the Rotaract activities taking part in planning projects in community service, international service, club service and professional development service. We as a team enjoyed doing projects like blood donation camp, movie outings, drawing competitions, Club Picnics, Hosting district assembly of DRR, cleanliness drives the most interesting part was getting opportunities to travel to other zones for district events so also it gave me platform to organise projects like essay in my own school along with inviting them to be part cycle rally for a cause. This may be a small things but makes a huge difference in our Society.

Rotaract enabled me to understand humanity very closely as we interact with specially able kids, poor and homeless people in the corners of our own city it opens up our mind to respect and learn from them instead of running away from lending an emotional support that cost nothing but loving heart and time.

I have been working selflessly at Rotarct Organisation since 2013. I have been even awarded Best Secretary 2015-16 and Best President 2016-17.

~Rtr. Sanjiv Sutar, 
Past President of Rotaract Club of Panjim and currently Joint District Secretary of RID 3170


Since July 2017, I can officially introduce myself as Ar. Riya Shah. But I never have.
Instead, since past two years I have learnt to introduce myself as Rtr. Riya Shah.☺
I have always been an extrovert and Rotaract provides a platform to display this quality in the most resourceful way. What better opportunity to get acquainted with new people, learn from them and get friends for a lifetime!
Being a newbie to the fraternity, I would have never imagined the kind of opportunities I could get in my very first year. In appreciation of my photography skills, I was announced as the Photography Director at the Installation which was about a month after I had joined Rotaract. In regards with my dedication and commitment towards the club, soon to follow was the position of a Vice President.
18th February 2018, I was chosen to continue the legacy of Rotaract Club Of Bombay Juhu Beach. Getting announced as the President Elect was one of the most overwhelming moment in my life! 😍

You don’t have to be famous to live out your own red carpet moment! ♥
1st July 2018, was one of the most happiest day in my journey of Rotaract.
For me, being inducted as President 2018-19 of Rotaract Club Of Bombay Juhu Beach, was no less than a Red Carpet Moment! 😍
And being adjudged as Outstanding Vice President 2017-18 was no less than an Oscar! 🤩

The past 8 months have been a roller coaster ride in the journey of Rotaract as a President. It has taught me multiple aspects of life and human nature and at the same time given me an opportunity to put my leadership skills to the best of use! Things change when you are on the other side of the table. 
I ASPIRE to see the club ASCEND day by day and ACHIEVE name and fame. 💯
Rotaract provides the opportunity to take up work at a leadership level and thrive to fulfill it with constant encouragement and appreciation.

To sum it up, I would put it as that Rotaract proves that there is never a dearth of opportunities in this world. Rotaract helps you grow as each day passes.
Invest your time, talent and thoughts, in return you’ll get a treasure for lifetime! ♥

Proud Rtr. Riya Shah
President 2018-19
Rotaract Club Of Bombay Juhu Beach


I've been a member of Rotaract club of Ponda since 2013. Through Rotaract, I've had the opportunity to do many amazing things :
* I've participated in many projects. 
*I've attended various professional development programs that helped me to figure out what I wanted in life. Received a training in leadership, time mane, project planning, event coordination, public speaking and much more. 

Rotaract has given me the most amazing network of friends - here at Goa and in almost every corner of the globe 🌍. 
I've had the chance to meet a lot of Rotarians. Rotaract has instilled in me great courage and faith that I could achieve my dreams and goals. 
I've had a great time in Rotaract and my passion for community service has been increased. 


~Rtr Manjali Naik 
International service director 
Rotaract club of Ponda


Rotaract is like oxygen, water to human being for me. My Rotaract journey started from the Club Siliguri Greater RID 3240, in the Year 2014 as the President. It was not an easy ride for me, a person with 0 experience to administrate the club but as time passes by Rotaract brought out the Leadership in me.

From time to time with many mistakes, experiments and also With the help of few of the dynamic past Rotaract leaders of RID 3240 and their experience I succeeded to pull off my year with a bang with much recognition and awards in the end. 


After myI1 year journey as the club president I was selected as Zonal Secretary of Zone -2 RID 3240 for the year 2015-16. During my tenure I managed to charter one Rotaract club in Jalpaiguri which was named as Rotaract Club of Jalpaiguri Government College. 

After the Successful year as the ZS I was appointed as Zonal Rotaract Representative for the Year 2015-16. That year I EXPERIMENTED a new concept in my zone by visiting few clubs in my zone and taking motivation session and made them understand how Rotaract works. I tried to clear off the basics for smooth functioning of the clubs.

In the RY 16-17 I was appointed as Rotaract District Litreacy Chairman for RID 3240, during this term many Litreacy projects was started and executed in a grand level. 

For the Year 2017-18 I was appointed as the Chairman of 28th Rotaract District Conference cum Assembly which was hosted by home Club I.E, Rotaract Club of Siliguri Greater in Siliguri From 2nd to 4th February 2018. During Same year I became Paul Harris Fellow (PHF).

This journey was never so Easy for me. This journey always gave me self confidence, lesson on how to manage people, how to make friends, learn different cultures around world and more such thinga.

Earlier I feared from public speaking but when I joined Rotaract and went ahead I became used to it and slowly slowly I became used to it, which also helped me in my profession.
 
In short in can only say, Rotaract is a free MBA. But as it's a rule of nature as human has to grow old, I had to graduate to rotary as I turned 31 this year and believe me it's a wonderful feeling !! 

Thank You 
Rtn Pulkit Bansal 
Rotary Club of Siliguri 
RID 3240

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The Mentalist

Nasty Battles #9 - Last benchers Vs first benchers