My Experience at an Orphanage

 Experiences, in my opinion, are crucial in shaping our personalities over time. I was raised in a nurturing and loving environment where I always felt safe and loved. My parents made me feel important all the time. I was a difficult child. I used to have temper tantrums when things didn't go my way. My mother loved me unconditionally, despite the fact that I was a demanding child. My mother was very patient
and compassionate, and she used to explain things to me so well that I could understand why things couldn't always be the way I wanted them to be. But as a child, I was never interested in understanding her sermons. But then, on a school trip to an orphanage, something happened that completely changed my perspective on life.

An orphanage is a facility that cares for orphans (children who are homeless and have no parents). 

When I was in fourth grade, my school organised an educational trip to an orphanage institute. 

We were instructed to bring whatever we desired to donate. My mother gave me some of my old toys, clothing, and candy. We gathered a substantial amount of material to distribute. 

As we approached the orphanage, all of the children gathered in a hall. There were kids of all ages there. They looked at us with hopeful eyes. We were tasked with distributing the items and spending time with them. They were overjoyed to receive these antiques.We discovered during our conversation with them that they only have two or three dresses to wear. They only had one plate and one bowl for their food. Even the food they were served was consistent and limited. They don't have a lot of food options. They both enjoy playing with toys. These children have no concept of love, care, or affection. They are unable to make any demands. Every child's situation was dreadful. I realised all of my errors. I realised how fortunate I am to have all of these luxuries. 

I hated it when my parents chastised me for not studying properly when I made mistakes, when I didn't listen to them, but there was concern behind every word they said. They took care of me at every stage of my life, regardless of their own.

But I felt terrible for these children because they lacked all those words of concern, rage, and love.

For me, visiting the orphanage is a life-changing experience. I began to appreciate the little things in life after that. I never asked for anything out of the ordinary. I want to help everyone in need. 

I also began to understand my mother's sermons, and with her help, I learned how to deal with my emotions and situations over time, and these experiences shaped my behaviour and personality.

I consider myself extremely fortunate to have parents who provide me with every luxury. I appreciate them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The Mentalist

Nasty Battles #9 - Last benchers Vs first benchers