Digital Diary - Editor's Edition

 


Appreciating Life

I have a lot of hobbies. My days used to be occupied by activities like painting, dancing, competitions and outings with friends. And I used to enjoy it. Gradually, my days started becoming tiring. I had ended up taking on so many commitments. I was busy living life or so I thought. But in reality, I was just… busy. I was in a rush to complete one activity just so I could start chasing something else.

In this plethora of undertakings, I realized as time went by, I stopped saying thank you to my mom after she cooked food for me. Or when my sister helped me pick my clothes. I stopped watering the plants in my house like I used to with care making sure every plant gets the required amount. I no longer stopped in the middle of the street to click a picture of the sunset. Or see which phase the beautiful moon is in. I didn’t wait for the rain like I used to. Because I always had somewhere to be, something to do.

I wanted to start stopping again. I wanted to appreciate and enjoy the process of making a painting- not finish it in a hurry; I wanted to look at the plants in my house all green and growing; I wanted to appreciate my parents for their care and love; I wanted to appreciate the marvel of the sun and the moon.

In my life full of haste, I finally came to a halt and took a deep breath of fresh air.

I now wait for the monsoon season so my friends and I can dance in the rain, I relish eating my mom’s cooked food, I admire the sunset almost every day and sigh dreamily at the palette of the colourful sky and so much more. I still do a lot of activities but every once in a while- I always remind myself to appreciate the people and things around me.

I have over time come to realize that life is better when you learn to appreciate the big things, the little things and everything else in between.


- Rtr. Suhani Negandhi
  Editor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The Mentalist

Nasty Battles #9 - Last benchers Vs first benchers