Touch Of Mankind.

Passage 8 :Earning a Future.




"It has been 15 years since I have started working in this profession. It is strenuous task to wake up at 5 in the morning and prepare the entire day's meal for my children. I also somehow manage to complete my household chores before leaving for work. I try reaching at my workplace on time. But more often than not, I end up being late for the job and receive a pretty good firing from my boss. I try to explain the importance of the food that I prepare for my children to him but he never understands and threatens to fire me. I don't like this at times but I have to endure the wrath in order to fulfill the hunger pangs of my family. After collecting waste from the allotted apartments I have to segregate it with my own hands. Sometimes we are not given proper gloves to work with as well. I know it is hazardous to work in such conditions but it is my destiny-- I suppose. At the end of the day my employers still try to cut down my wages. But I have a family to feed. For their sake I must go on. It hurts me but it's okay, now I'm used to it. I have no expectations apart from a little more respect and equality towards us as a community. Maybe if I work hard today, my children won't have to work in such conditions tomorrow..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The Mentalist

Black Lives Matter